Locations: Ashford, Ebbsfleet, Manston,
Salary: - £8.77 per hour up to £13.60 per hour (dependant on shift) + 31 days holiday accrual.
Full – time
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to serve the Government and your Country.
As part of a team, you will work to carry out a range of documentary functions on goods before they are cleared in to and from the United Kingdom.
You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties, these could include:
• Acting as the primary point of contact for customers
• Gathering information directly from customers accurately
• Inputting information into systems, ensuring details are entered correctly and promptly
• Resolving issues/queries or escalating to a line manager as necessary
You’ll bring and develop include:
• Communication skills, both written and verbal
• Basic numerical and analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills to support our customer
• Basic IT skills
You will follow our guidance to take appropriate action where something isn’t as it should be, contributing to our vital purpose: protecting EU/UK legitimate trade.
No previous experience is required, as full training and necessary equipment will be provided. However, team working, and good communication skills will be critical.
You’ll need good interpersonal skills, a flexible approach and a positive attitude. The ability to work unsupervised and using your initiative is essential, as well as being able to take direction from peers or more senior colleagues. You will also need the ability to work at pace.
These roles are Reserved. You;
• must hold a full and valid passport
• must be able to provide all ID documents we need to complete your pre-employment screening and security clearance. DBS Basic Clearance is required.
The role is based at one specific location for start/end of duty, but you might be required to work at alternative locations throughout your shift and transport will be provided for this.
This role will potentially involve standing for long periods.
Moving vehicles around the working area can present a hazard risk, therefore your ability to adhere to safety guidelines and being able to observe signage and floor markings is important. Safety equipment is provided as necessary.
You may be asked to work on a 24/7 shift pattern. You’ll work 37.5 hours per week, however you will be paid for 42.5 hours per week.
For information and to apply, please click on the apply button.